Welcome to Year 2!
Our class teacher is Mrs Jones and our Learning Support Assistant is Mrs Prior.
Here is a list of the topics we will be covering during this term;
RE - Books, Thanksgiving and Opportunities
English - 'The Jolly Postman and Other Letters'
Maths - Fractions, Money and Measuring Problems
Science - Habitats, Living Things Including Humans
PE - Swimming, Fundamental Skills (Agility, Balance and Co-ordination)
Creative Curriculum - 'Wriggle and Crawl' & 'Towers, Tunnels and Turrets' (using a range of music, geography, history, art, design and computing skills)
Please click on the 'Learning Journey' attachments below to find out more details about the wonderful topics and activities we will be exploring during Spring Term.
We love to read in Year Two and enjoy reading our individual home reading books and joining in during guided reading sessions in class. Plus each day we read books from our library and share these with our class friends.
If you have got a special book that you enjoy reading at home then bring it into class to share with us.
We look forward to hearing all about it!
Writing is a huge focus for us all this school year. We will be using our new 'cursive' handwriting during this term with entrance and exits flicks. Please remember to practise your handwriting at home. Print the 'A-Z' document below to help you at home. We will be looking very carefully and rewarding pupils who a have made progress with their handwriting skills and those who have shown a great improvement in presentation with special rewards at the end of term. So practise, practise, practise and it could be you!
Things to remember:
- Book bags - Bring these into school every day to avoid missing out on notes home and book changes
- Y2 After School Clubs - Wednesday Art, Wednesdays Gospel Choir (Pick up from St Hugh's)
- Swimming Kit - Wednesdays
- PE Kit - Fridays
- Homework - Given out every Friday, to be returned by the following Friday. (Includes; spellings, English tasks, Maths tasks linked to current topics in class, research tasks in learning logs linked to RE or Creative curriculum )
Year Two Gallery
Watch this space . . . Mrs Prior will be update this section very soon. I wonder who will be a busy bee in Y2 to have their photo placed here?
Up and Coming Events for Family and Friends of Year Two:
- Every Wednesday 9am in Spring Term - 'Gab and Mag' morning for parents
- Thursday 2nd March - 'World Book Day' Don't forget your costume!
- Friday 3rd March - Class Photograph Day
- Friday 7th April - Finish for Easter Holidays
Suggestions for Y2 page
If you have any ideas for our Y2 page then please let Mrs Jones and Mrs Prior know and we will discuss these in class and Y2 will vote for the best ideas to be added each week. We look forward to hearing from you