Recounts, diary entries, non-Fiction texts
Spoken language focus:
- Listening and respond appropriately to adults and peers.
- Asking relevant questions to extend understanding and knowledge.
- Apply phonic knowledge and skills as the route to decode words.
- Develop pleasure in reading, motivation to read, vocabulary and understanding by: 1) Listening to and discussing a wide range of poems, stories and non-fiction at a level beyond that at which they can read independently. 2) Being encouraged to link what they read or hear to their own experiences
Writing focus: Genre - Return stories and Postcards.
- Begin to form lower-case letters in the correct direction, starting and finishing in the right place.
- Composing a sentence orally before writing it
- Leaving spaces between words
The Secret of Black Rock by Joe Todd-Stanton
*We will also be focusing on themed stories linked to families and memories.