During Autumn Term we will be developing and exploring a range of maths skills through a variety of activities including:
- count reliably with numbers from one to 20 (and within 100)
- Count within 100, forwards and backwards, starting with any number.
- Read and write numbers from 1 to 20 in numerals and words
- Identify and represent numbers using objects and pictorial representations including the number line, and use the language of equal to, more than, less than (fewer), most, least
- Say which number is one more or one less than a given number
- Solve problems involving ordering numbers
- Read, write and interpret mathematical statements involving addition (+), subtraction (-) and equals (=) signs
- Represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- Add and subtract one-digit and two-digit numbers to 20, including zero
- Solve one-step problems that involve addition and subtraction, using concrete objects and pictorial representations, and missing number problems such as 7= ? - 9
These modules which tackle consolidation of Development Matters statements and the Early Learning Goals and move towards introducing Year 1 objectives.
Representing numbers in different ways.
We are learning how to represent numbers, order and identify 1 more and 1 less.